Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

MouseCave Crafts - Mickey Lanyard

We found this thing of Mickey ribbon at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, and I had to have it! 
And then when I got it home, I had no idea what I was going to do with it. Typical.....

Then the light bulb went off last week - it's the same width as my Disney lanyard!
So why not make my own?  I was in need of a 4th, as we ("we" being me) picked up a few (10) more pins when we were at The World in December.

It wasn't that hard at all. I simply made the ribbon the length of my Disney lanyard, used some special sewing tape that bonds when ironed, added a clip and some Velcro catches, and lookie!
I think it turned out just fine. And it fits in nicely with the other 3 I already have:
For the ring at the bottom, I was not sure what to use. I settled on a plastic clip that I took from an old broken lanyard I still had, but next time I might use the metal ring from an old dog collar, or from an old bag strap.
The best news of all?  The ribbon cost me $2.00, and I have enough material left to make another one if I want.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment