Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Disney Keds Mickey Shoes!

The Disney Gods were smiling down on me on Wednesday! 

I just happened to be off work, and on that very same day, my new customizable Disney Keds Mickey shoes were delivered by FedX! Hallelujah!!  I ordered them in late January, and was told 3-4 weeks. I think I lucked out.

When I opened the box, I found my shoes were in this nice tidy little bag:

The first thing I did was re-do the laces. I'm weird about how I want them laced up, and they are never right for me from the factory. 
I absolutely LOVE the subtle Mickeys!
The customizable pieces include the inside color (I picked the pale yellow), the eyelets (black), the stitching (black), the trim (black around the outside, red on the tongue), all the rubber part colors, and of course, the laces!

My original lace choice was red (hey, make a statement, I say!), but I also decided to get a matching grey pair for those times when I decide to tone it down:
Personally, I like the red. Alot!  Thoughts?
The fit is really nice too. They are similar to Converse All-Stars, which I wore alot years ago. But these have  a more solid feel, I think. 
Friday is the first public test - I'm wearing them to work! Most folks know I have a bit of an obsession, and won't be surprised at this. 

And I cannot wait to wear them to Disney World in the fall!


1 comment:

  1. Nice!!! I love them! I did not know there was such a thing.

    ReplyDelete