Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Disney World + Birthday = Super-cali-Magical!

 In 2009, in a move that was pure coincidence (*cough cough*) we found ourselves at Disney World for my birthday!

Now, Disney is special enough.  But if you ever get the chance to be there on your birthday, do it!  They make you feel so special! And if you are anywhere close to as lucky as me, your better half takes it to the next level and makes you feel like the King of Kings!

This was my fate - I was spoiled beyond rotten with the Mickey & Pals Big Birthday Wish from Disney Floral!  Talk about over the top....

When we arrived, we checked into our room, and immediately headed out for dinner.  When we returned to the room, this is what I found:
That sneaky little mouse found his way to our room!  And I have the mouse-prints to prove it!

First up was this Happy Birthday pendant hanging on the back sliding glass door:
Next, this mix of a signed picture from Mickey & Minne in a birthday frame, an autograph book complete with birthday wishes from Mickey, a Tinkerbell light-up badge, and a small box: 
Inside the box? A chocolate cake, of course!
And finally, a box on the bed - another great group of surprises!!
A plush Mickey; 
...birthday ears with my name embroidered on the back;

...and one of the most unique items - this light-up Mickey Birthday lanyard:
This last item really caught people's attention, especially at night. 

Between the birthday ears, the lanyard and my birthday button, I certainly was not lacking for attention!  And the beauty of Disney - they lavish it on!  Lots of "Happy Birthday, Jeff!" from Cast Members, and lots of special birthday dessert treats at the various restaurants. 

And one of my favorites - the Yorkshire fish & chips stand wrote "Happy Birthday!" on the newspaper underneath my meal, so when I got to the end, I had a fabulous surprise message!

Have you ever celebrated your birthday at Disney?

2 comments:

  1. I celebrated my ninth birthday at the Hoop-dee-doo. :) The whole place sang to me and a random man gave me a quarter. lol Seeing your spread makes me want to plan a trip in March for my next birthday! How fun! Is it a package you order through the resort? At the front desk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like celebrating your birthday in The World! It's just as much fun as an adult as it is a child :)

    The package was ordered through Disney Floral & Gifts (www.disneyflorist.com). They'll work through your resort to get it to your room.

    ReplyDelete