Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

More Weekend Crafts

Give me a few minutes of free time and I'll find something crafty to do with my Disney stuff!

The first idea came to me when I kept moving my Disney Conservation Fund buttons from previous years from my desk to the bookcase, then back to my desk. They always just seemed to be in the way of whatever I was trying to do.

When I was cleaning out a closet, I found an old picture frame - similar to a shadow box - that we got years ago but no longer really used. It had a natural wood frame and a set if sea-shells inside. And that's when the light bulb went off!

I took the whole thing apart, painted the frame black and the inside white, and added some red Mickey fabric as a background. Then, I removed the pins from the buttons, used some Velcro on the back, and put it all back together. 

I hung it right above my Pin display. I think it turned out pretty nice!

Next was this really fun film roll photo frame. It was on Clearance at Michael's and I knew exactly what I would do with it

It takes 1 1/2 x 2 inch pictures. I don't know about you, but I don't have any pictures that size!  So, I found a bunch of my favorite Disney World pictures from previous trips, copied them to a single document and shrunk them to the right size.

Then I printed them off using a high-quality color printer, cut them out, and arranged them in the frame. Heres' a closer look:

All in all, quite a successful crafty weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment