Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Crafts for the MouseCave

Here's an easy one that you can do with your kids. Or for yourself, like me! Re-cover a plain, boring faceplate with something more Disney-esque!

All I did was take a left-over piece of Disney scrapbook paper, position it over the faceplate where I wanted it, and cut it out about an inch wider than the faceplate. Wrap it around the faceplate, securing it in the back with tape. Make an X in the paper where the hole is for the switch or outlets and fold in and tape, and poke a small hole though the paper where the screws go, and presto! Instant Disney! Cheap! You can use spray adhesive on the paper if you really want it to stick, but the tape should hold it in place fine.


I took a black permanent marker to the screw heads to make them blend better.


I also made this pillow with some Disney fabric we picked up on sale at a hobby store:

Note that I have never hand-sewn anything before in my life. And it probably shows. But it was fun, though tedious. And hard. I have a whole new appreciation for anyone who does this regularly! It's 18" x 18" - in retrospect, maybe starting off a little smaller would have been wise. But I love this pillow!

No comments:

Post a Comment